The Short Rehabilitation Programme for Men is a community-based rehabilitation programme that teaches offenders with a medium risk of re-offending how to alter the thoughts, attitudes and behaviour that led to their offending, and assist them to develop strategies for maintaining any positive changes.
The programme is delivered to offenders in locations where the Medium Intensity Rehabilitation Programme is not provided, or who are otherwise ineligible for the Medium Intensity Rehabilitation Programme.
The key factors targeted for change by the programme are:
- violence propensity
- anti-social attitudes
- offence related, problem thinking and feelings
- criminal associates
- poor self-control and impulsivity
- self-management and problem solving skills
- alcohol and drugs, as both a rehabilitation need and a health issue
- interpersonal skill deficits and relationship difficulties.
The programme is run in small groups of no more than three participants.
18 sessions of 2.5 hours, 2 to 4 days a week
The programme is community-based and delivered by Corrections programme facilitators.
Copyright © Department of Corrections | Feedback and queries email: email@example.com