- Supervise work parties on allocated duty days.
- Complete daily attendance sheet at the end of the day, record hours completed and comment on performance. May be required to enter attendance information into IOMS.
- Contribute to the development of work skills and work habits of offenders through pro-social modelling and coaching the skills required for the project.
- Instruct/coach offenders in the correct use and storage of tools and equipment.
- Identify and action appropriate incentives so that offenders comply with the sentence.
- Manage situations requiring discipline with appropriate use of authority and in accordance with organisational requirements, recommending to Probation Officers/Senior Community Work Supervisors the appropriate action to be taken in response to maters such as lateness, sickness, incidents and breaches of the Chief Executives rules.
- Complete incident reports in a concise, factual manner, and in the correct format for presentation as evidence.
Ensure all records relating to work party supervision are accurate and completed in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Monitor offender behaviour throughout the day and use appropriate strategies to deal with issues as they arise.
- When not directly supervising work parties, may be required to carry out daily inspections of other work parties to ensure those parties are operating safety and no significant issues have been encountered.
- Ensure that everyone in involved with the offender has all of the relevant Community Work information to allow for the consistent and integrated management of that offender.
- Ensure any issues about offender management are brought to the attention of the SCWS/PO in a timely way.