- Conduct searches as directed by the Regional Supervisor that is consistent with relevant legislation and Department procedures.
- Ensure the application of relevant legislation in relation to searching, contraband management, detain and arrest procedures.
- Ensure all administrative and operational instructions are adhered to as required by the Regional Supervisor.
- To attend court and misconducts hearing for the purpose of providing evidence as and when required.
- Ensure all assigned departmental vehicles and equipment are kept to a reasonable standard of cleanliness and maintenance. Report losses, faults or any damages to the Regional Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Demonstrates an ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve the targets set by the Regional Supervisor and agreed with by the Dog Handler.
- Provide detector dog support to other agencies such as Police and Customs