We have already seen how safety can be enhanced through technology and many of our sites have already benefited from recent upgrades. Further improvements will ensure we continue to operate within a modern infrastructure.
What you will help achieve:
- Auckland South Corrections Facility (ASCF) will open in May 2015, our newest prison designed and operated to reduce re-offending under a Public Private Partnership with Securefuture consortium.
- 3M will take over the delivery of electronic monitoring of offenders, offering enhanced technology and services that will lift our capability in managing public safety.
- Frontline Community Corrections staff will receive smartphones (Samsung Galaxy 55), with built-in security and safety features, that will improve their mobility.
- On-body cameras will be introduced for all prison staff working in higher risk areas to enhance staff safety.
- 12 more Community Corrections centres will be lifted to a modern standard, supporting rehabilitation and staff safety.
- $140m will be invested in lifting the standard of our prisons in 2014/15 to support the
long term security, rehabilitation and safety needs of our core infrastructure.
- Delivering online learning in prisons, new prisoner kiosks and a new Psych IOMS platform for our psychologists will be three major deliverables that lift our technology response.
“It’s that breakthrough moment, when people genuinely regret what they've done."