Complaints about the victim notification service

To make a complaint about the victim notification service, write to the victim information manager with the details:

Postal address:
Victim Information Manager
Department of Corrections
Private Box 1206
Wellington 6140


The Victim Information Manager will acknowledge the complaint and then refer the complaint to the service/s concerned for investigation.

Parole Board complaints

If you have a complaint about the Parole Board this needs to be made directly to them.

Read how to make a complaint on the New Zealand Parole Board website.

Other ways to complain

Complaints can also be made to an Inspector of Corrections.

The Ombudsman can also assist with the outcome of a complaint investigation