If you feel that you have not been provided with information you should have or your safety has been compromised in any way, you have the right to make a complaint.

Complaints can be via email to or by writing to:

Victim Complaints

Department of Corrections

PO Box 1206

Wellington, 6140

This complaints email address is for people who are registered on the Victims Notification Register (VNR).

If you are not registered on the VNR but would like to make a complaint please email the Office of the Inspectorate at