Community Probation Practice Centre
The online community probation practice centre supports Corrections probation staff in their work with offenders.
The practice centre keeps track of practice releases and provides an extensive knowledge bank for staff to find more information to help them with their work.
Community probation holds offenders to account and manages them to:
- comply with their sentences and orders
- reduce their likelihood of re-offending
- minimise their risk of doing harm to others.
Our key roles are to:
- manage offenders on sentences and orders in the community
- provide the courts and New Zealand Parole Board with information to help them make decisions about sentencing offenders and releasing them from prison.