In this section
- C.01 Prisoner mail
- C.02 Prisoner telephone calls
- C.04 Prisoner incoming emails
- C.05 Prisoner video calling
- C.07 Support Hui
- C.08 Prisoner general file management
- C.09 Prisoner internal information
- C.10 Official information disclosure
- C.13 Safeguard children and young person
Communication contributes positively to the wellbeing ‘oranga’ of the collective (the individual (prisoner), their whānau, hapū, iwi, and communities) as it encourages people to stay close and connected.
Communication also facilitates and supports building and strengthening relationships and/or developing broader connections when immediate whānau of prisoners are unable to in a culturally safe and appropriate manner.
The prisoner communication section(s) have two primary functions, they are:
- All prisoner communication (telephone and mail) with external parties is managed in a way that facilitates approved communication and restricts the likelihood of illegal activity.
- All information retained by the Department is collected, retained and disposed of securely and any disclosure of prisoner information will be managed to ensure compliance with the Department of Correction’s information management policies.