In this section
These procedures cover the following:
- searches of cells, prison facilities, prison vehicles, places used exclusively by any person other than a prisoner, prisoners and their property
- musters and prisoner location checks
- drug testing.
These procedures are designed to ensure that:
- searches are carried out for the purpose of detecting unauthorised items and are not performed for any other reason, and are carried out in a manner that is both lawful and reasonable
- musters and prisoner location checks are a system for counting prisoners and accounting for the whereabouts of prisoners at all times, and are carried out to ensure the security of a prison and the protection of the public
- drug detection is aimed at detecting and preventing the supply of drugs into prison with the medium to long-term objective of reducing re-offending by reducing drug use in prison and after release.