F.02.Res.04 Disposing of waste
- The disposal of waste is undertaken in a way which meets sanitation and hygiene needs, and which fulfils legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Waste from units is disposed of in a safe and hygienic manner using the containers provided.
- Waste containers are allocated and supplied to each unit.
- Waste containers are collected and taken to designated collection point.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that waste is disposed of in an appropriate and timely manner in the containers supplied.
- Ensure that waste containers are emptied and cleaned on a regular basis by the prisoner in charge of waste disposal.
- Ensure that waste containers are returned to their designated locations within the unit.
Prisoner assigned to waste disposal
- Responsible for delivering waste containers to designated collection point and returning empty bins to unit when instructed by unit staff.
- Report any irregularities to unit staff.