M.02 Security Classification
These procedures cover the following:
- Principles of security classification
- Internal and External risks
- Managing changes to security classification and risk.
- Initial classification (male and female)
- Review of classification (male and female)
These procedures are designed to ensure that:
- Sentenced prisoners are contained at level of supervision appropriate to the level of internal and external risk that a prisoner poses.
- the security classification assigned to a prisoner reflects, the level of risk posed by that prisoner while inside or outside prison.
- Initial classification is assigned within 14 days of a prisoner receiving a sentence of imprisonment.
- Every security classification is reviewed at least once every six months during the course of the prisoner's sentence.